Tuesday 15 January 2013

Love, Love songs and aggression relief!



Helllooooo blogworld!
so I'm really quite happy this week, yesterday i was very happy, i have no idea why..
just happiness yay!
spread it onnnnnnnnn!!

So this week, i found my 'love' sign, and decided I'm going to decorate it all pretty :)



So i needed something to decorate it with....something meaningful or something crap like that..
I ask Le boyfriend if we have a song, we have no song. So i find love songs i actually like, sung by Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble (I LOVE YOU MR BUBBLE) and Eva Cassidy.
I put them into a lovely typewriter font, which Ive used alot in lots of things lately, i think its cool okay :)
The main words, or title words i guess in the songs i put in bold red so that i would see which songs are where. Now i know what songs i 'love' so to speak.

So after printing out like 3 sheets of the musicy goodness, i had to cut them up  into strips, i tried to do it in paragraphs or bits that made sense. Some didn't but that's okay :)



I used spray adhesive at first to glue the paper to the wood, but it was just too watery and tore the paper sometimes, then i had the brainwave of combining PVA and spray adhesive. This made a super sticky glue that also smelled pretty :)
Call me Glue Girl!



so after doing a few, i quickly got bored of gluing, I'm not going to lie....though i kept on and kept gluing, so the front looked really pretty!!



I tried to do the same on the back but i didn't want it overlapping the front, so i drew around the 'love' to make a template for the back, i just cut it a big shorter so that there was still some words to go over the corners...



Then i had to let it dry, now i have a wood burning fire so i put it on the surround and it was dry in no time :)
This is the pretty 'Love' at the end!


i think it's pretty :) I'm going to get more, maybe do some glittery ones or something? not sure, i know Helen wants one.Hello Helen, stop reading this from your bed....It's not bedtime reading to keep you amused!! :)

Now next on my list, I've been decorating my living room because i don't like it, its dark and red and depresses me.
I don't want to be depressed.
That might be why i feel happier this week, and I'm actually sitting here.
ITS LIKE SUNSHINE INSIDE THE ROOM ITS SO BRIGHT!

If i have one, here's a before:
In some of the photos above you can see some of the horrible wallpaper i hate too :) i forgot to take a pic of that...you should know me by now never to take a picture first...

and then a better one of a painted over the horrible reds :) just need the green paint!!


It's not properly finished, i need some green paint to do the chimney breast, and my material to come so i can do a fabric painting..
I demand it to be pretty and fresh when I'm done.

ALSO IN MORE NEWS
(imagine me shuffling paper like a newsreader)
I got to stamp some metal today, and make a few things, turns out its harder to stamp in the right place!
though the 1 pound hammer is great for aggression relief :)
BANG BANG BANG BANG
a few hundred times, much better :D



Aren't they so pretty! First one says Amy Frances, i messed up on the e and the s though...and a pretty I love you! They're done out of bottle tops :)

So i don't know what i want to end on today...
maybe I'll find a cute picture, or something funny..
who knows!! we'll have to see what i find..

Dream Big

It's a horse :) with a cone on it's head :)
sue me, i like it!!

Byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment