Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy new year and all that shizz! Make your own bath salts!

Hello blogworld! Hope you all had a nice new year :)

Now I've no idea what to blog about today and to be honest I'm just gonna make it up :) so I'm gonna talk about some of my Christmas pressies first, that i loveeeeeeeee!

Numbero Uno just happens to be my very lovely Cath Kidston book :)
It's called make! and it sooooo coooooool.

And comes with a free bag, thread and pencil, it also gives you free templates so that you can decorate your bad if you have some fabric!


I have nooooo idea what I'm going to do with mine, there are too many options!

i have so many things i want to make now!!


Numbero two (can't remember two in Italian right now) is my doodle book!
I LOVE THIS BOOK.

doodling is my most favourite thing ever if I'm honest, it even tells you what to draw, which is brilliant because I'm rubbish at thinking up some of my drawings.

Though it is far too pretty for me to even draw in at the moment...I'll get up the courage to mucky up the clean white pages.
I even bought some new colouring pencils for it, and turns out they're the ones you can paint with. winner!

If i can be bothered going downstairs you may see a picture of them too, but if not, then im still sat cross legged on my bed!
I've had a busy day don't hate!

what else can i talk about nowww.....well i would have pictures of the presents i made and gave out, but as its me, and I'm a bit lapse I've forgotten to take pictures of them! Hopefully the next post i will actually have them in, and tells you how they're made.

I can however tell you how to make bath salts! though i have no pictures of it as it was quite messy, but hopefully i might make more in the future and post some up. YES I'M RUBBISH WITH TAKING PICTURES!

So the things you need are:
Epsom salts , as much as you want to make
An essential oil of your choice, i used Lavender, Orange and Bergamot (not all at the same time)
Food colouring to give it some colour, use as much as you think to make the colour you want!

Now, you put the amount of salts you want into a plastic bag, sort of similar to a small sandwich bag(as it gets rather messy) then a few drops of your essential oil, as much as you want for your chosen smell, and the colouring too.
Now you need to massage the oil and colour into the salt until it all turns one even colour.
After it's all evenly mixed what you need to do is let the salt dry out, so flatten the salt in the bag as much as you can and make sure the air can get in when you lay it flat, this will dry it out in no time.

And there you go, that's your bath salts made, cheap and easy :)

WOO BATH TIME!

It's not really, but i wish it was...

That's all for now really folks, though if i find a funny Internet picture then I'm gonna post it :)
Byes!






No comments:

Post a Comment