Friday 19 April 2013

I am such a messy messy person!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
I love making things i actually use and get to play with!

So this week i made...........DRUMROOLLLLLL............Chalkboards yeahhhhhhhhh!

So i made chalkboard paint, and painted some old wood my daddio brought me.
and i was so amazed they work, and they wipe chalk off with a damp cloth :)
so happy! so lets get started shall we?

Chalkboards at home

So, you'll need:

  • Black paint (or any colour your chalkboard will be)
  • Course tiling grout
  • Paintbrush
  • Mixing pot & mixing stick
  • Something to paint onto (wood, wall, etc..)
So first things first, make sure you prep your area, a few sheets of newspaper will do the trick. You can do it outside if it's easier but it was super windy and raining slightly so i had to make do with the breakfast bar.

Now I'm angry because picmonkey isn't playing my game, and isn't letting me edit my pictures. GRR.
and now it has:

Also i was watching celebrity juice so help pass the painting time :)

So, you can prepare your wood, sand it down if you need to, and prime it. I was going for a rustic look so i just painted it straight onto it, but it depends what you're doing!

 Next you want to mix equal amounts of grout and paint. Really i put more grout in after it was mixed, just because it looked like it needed some more. I think it's down to how your mixture looks when it's all mixed through.

And this is what it looked like after i mixed it. Now because the grout was white and the paint is black its going to go grey, not black. But i promise it dries darker.


Now you want to grab your paintbrush and get painting. As mine was a thick mixture you could see where it had been painted on, but again this adds to the rustic look i was going for.


This is the other piece i was doing! i didn't even clean it i just painted straight onto it. Again, you can prepare it if you like.

 Now after they are painted with one coat, you want go do another coat on them and let them completely dry before you use them. I waited about 2 days just to make sure they were fully dry.
This is what they ended up looking like!

I don't think they're fully dry in the picture but they certainly look like chalkboards to me!
Now because I'm brilliant i don't have picture of them with stuff on, but i do have a picture of the stall i used them on this week!

My pretty stall!! :)

I'm making bath fizzes next week so I might blog about that next!!

So it's now time to end, and i have to find a funny picture....but what will it be this week...

LETS SEE!

NOPE NEVERMIND

hahaha, first picture i found. 
i blood loved it!!

Byes!


No comments:

Post a Comment